As adults, we like to be seated comfortably with our feet on the floor while eating and it’s no surprise our babies prefer to have support under their feet too! Imagine yourself sitting on a bar stool with no footrest while trying to have your meal- it’s quite uncomfortable and distracting.
Luckily, when our founder was weaning her daughter in 2018 she noticed this was a bit of a problem as her babies feet were dangling down constantly trying to find some support. As a mum she loved the ease of cleaning the Ikea Antilop highchair and knew there must be a way improve the experience for her baby. This was a problem that had to be solved so she designed the first highchair footrest and the Footsi was born.
The Footsi* is a portable, height adjustable footrest which attaches to the Ikea Antilop, Kmart Prandium, Big W Uno, Target Snacka, Aldi Mamia and Mother’s Choice Breeze highchairs to provide support for your baby’s feet. Installation takes only a minute, please see below. This footrest is a softer footrest, think of it like a hammock for your feet. We also have our Woodsi Footsi which is a hard footrest made of bamboo.
Benefits of the Footsi include:
- Provides security and comfort for your child while sitting
- Allows child to sit upright with stability
- Allows child’s feet to be positioned 90 degrees from their legs
- Encourages improved concentration on tasks while in highchair (e.g eating)
- Allows for better hand to mouth co-ordination
- Soft and wide footrest allows baby flexibility in their foot positioning
Features & Inclusions:
- Padded with memory foam for a soft but firm Footsi landing
- Adjustable straps so that the footrest slides down the chair legs and meets your child’s feet as they grow
- Made of our unique water and stain resistant material (100% polyester)
- Includes 1 Footrest plus 3 permanent stick on hooks to secure at the back of the highchair (1 required +2 spare)
- Current prints are limited edition and are not restocked
- Product images are for illustrative purposes with matching cushion cover
Storage + Care:
- Machine washable in washing bag, cold wash (max 20 degrees), lie flat to dry
- Footrest is easy to remove from the highchair and store after use or take with you on holidays or visits to friends and family
Of importance to note:
- Please also note all prices are for the Footsi as a standalone product, we do not sell the IKEA Antilop High chair.
- Product images are for illustrative purposes with matching cushion cover. Due to differences in monitors, colours of products may also appear different to those shown on the site.
- Safety Warning: Highchair footrests are important as they help provide proper posture and comfort for your child. However, footrests may potentiallymake it easier for your child to push themselves up and out of their seat. Therefore, the footrest must always be used with the highchairs own safety harness fastened tight. You must always supervise your child in the highchair and DO NOT leave them unattended. Lastly, please keep unused o-rings and suction locs out of reach of children. These items are not toys and are a choking hazard.
Footsi Patent protection
Australia registration: 201816601